Making a request for assistance
Helpline number: 03452 777 778 (open 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, except Wednesday, 10am-5pm)
Dundee City Council
Lifeline support is available to people in Dundee who have been asked to self-isolate under measures prevent the spread of Coronavirus, or who are otherwise vulnerable and in urgent need of help.
Wherever possible, arrangements for the supply of essentials such as groceries and medicines during the period of self-isolation should be organised through family, friends, neighbours or community providers.
Anyone who cannot access such support and is in urgent need of help should contact the Council via the online form or telephone number below.
Helpline number: 0300 123 1403 (8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
Perth and Kinross Council
Self Isolation Support Grants
From 12 October 2020, the Councils' Scottish Welfare Fund will be administering the Scottish Government Self Isolation Support Grants.
The purpose of the grant is to assist people on low incomes to self-isolate and in doing so prevent the spread of COVID-19. This should support people to be able to meet the Test & Protect Service's requirement for them to self-isolate during the 14 day period.
You may be eligible for a £500 payment if you meet the following criteria:
- · You have been required by the Test and Protect Service to self-isolate as a result of COVID-19, either because they have tested positive for coronavirus, have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or are awaiting a test result;
- · are employed or self-employed;
- · are unable to work from home and will experience reduced earnings as a result; and
- · are currently receiving, or has been awarded but not yet received a payment of Universal Credit; Working Tax Credit; Income-based Employment and Support Allowance; Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance; Income Support; Housing Benefit; and/or Pension Credit.
Grants are paid per eligible person, not per household, therefore a couple who both meet the eligibility criteria for a grant will be paid £500 each.
You will need to provide evidence to verify your application prior to an award being made.
- Evidence that the Test & Protect Service has requested that you self-isolate,
- Proof that you are in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits listed above,
- A bank statement,
- Proof of employment/self-employment and that you cannot undertake your job/run your business without social contact or from home.
- Proof that your pay/income will reduce as a result of having to self-isolate.
For those who do not meet the criteria for a Self Isolation Support Grant but who are experiencing financial hardship and are unable to meet your daily living expenses, you may be entitled to a Crisis Grant.
Please contact your local authority to find out more.